Charity cars auctions can help you get rid of that unwanted vehicle while helping out a worthy cause.
About Charity Cars Auctions
A great way to get a tax credit while getting rid of an old car is through charity cars auctions. Many organizations hold auctions to raise money while allowing buyers to get a tax break along with a great deal. Some charities deal with an auction house or a specific auctioneer while others hold the auction online. Car auctions are a great way to raise funds for charities while giving consumers great deals on vehicles.
There are many reasons why to donate your unwanted vehicle to a charity:
- It is usually a hassle-free process.
- Many charities take cars that are not running, so it is cheaper to donate than to fix up your old car. The charity will be the one responsible for the repairs before selling the car.
- Vehicles donations are tax-deductible.
- Your donation will go towards helping a worthy cause.
Charities That Accept Vehicle Donations
Many charities accept automobile donations. It is always best to call local charities to find out if they accept donations of vehicles. Both Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity often accept vehicles. When planning on donating your vehicle, be sure to ask the following questions:
- Is my donation tax-deductible?
- Where does the profit from the sale go?
- Are there any out of pocket costs that I need to know about?
Many charities will advertise in local papers or on the radio or television their upcoming car auction. Since the auction is a big event, it should be well publicized in your local community. You may also wish to call local charities to find out if a car auction is being planned.
Find It Online
Online car auctions are becoming a popular choice for many charities. There is a site designated for the auction that both buyers and sellers must register for. There are usually forms and bank account information to fill out as well. Bidding starts at a set price then once the bidding ends, the person with the highest bid wins the auction. Auction proceeds then go directly to the charity.An online charity auction site that sells and accepts vehicle donations is Charity Car Auctions.com. They allow you to register all of your necessary information and start bidding immediately.
Some other sites that accept vehicle donations online include:
- Texas Cars For Kids accepts vehicle donations online. They then provide free towing for your vehicle (if in the area) and holds auctions where 100% of the profits go to the charity.
- America's Cars For Kids accepts donations online or by calling 1-866-835-KIDS. They offer free pick up nationwide and all auction proceeds go directly back to the charity.
- Cars Helping America accepts vehicle donations then sells the cars at auctions, on Ebay or back to dealerships. All sales benefit the charity 100% and gives the seller a tax deduction as well. For a list of charities that benefit from this organization, check out their listing of supported charities.
If you are a charity and are looking for a way to raise funds for your organization, Vehicle Donation Processing Center, Inc. can help you out. They also accept vehicle donations and allow the donor to choose what charity they would like their donation to support. In addition to cars, they also accept boats, RVs, planes, motorcycles and trailers.
Donating your car to a charity is a great way to get rid of that unwanted vehicle while allowing the charity to raise funds for their organization. Charity vehicle auctions can be a fun way to buy a vehicle at a great price. You can also sell that old car while knowing your donation will make a difference in someone else's life!