If you live in New Jersey and have furniture that you no longer need, there are charitable organizations that will be happy to take the items off your hands. Whether you live in the city of Newark, the beach area of Cape May or the mountains of Montague, there are places throughout the state to donate furniture in New Jersey.
If you live in or around Newark, New Jersey, there are a few local options to consider when you are looking for a place to donate furniture pieces. Examples are:
- The Institute of Jewish Humanities (Yeshiva Kol Yaakov) provides pickup service for donated furniture in good condition in Newark, New Jersey and surrounding areas. Their website has a complete list of zip codes where same-day pickup is available. Even if your zip code isn't listed, contact them at 800-507-4483 or DonateMyFurniture@yahoo.com to discuss what you would like to donate. They will make every effort to accommodate you.
- The World Impact Thrift Store in Newark is a good option if you have a way to transport the items you'd like to donate to their store, which is located on Sussex Avene in Newark. Call 973-483-3833 for details. World Impact is a Christian ministry. They operate the Newark Christian school and offer a variety of programs, including outreach to Hispanic immigrants.
Southern New Jersey
If you're in southern New Jersey and want to support a non-profit in your part of the state by donating furniture pieces for which you no longer have a use, there are some options available. Organizations that will be happy to take your donations include:
- The Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Maple Shade, New Jersey accepts donations of furniture, as well as other home-related products. You can take your donations to the store or contact them to schedule a pickup from your home or office. Email Donate@HabitatBCGTP.org or call 856-439-6717, extension 1.
- The Rescue Mission of Trenton provides homeless men and women with needed food, shelter and various services. Furniture donations are used in the rescue mission itself or sold in their thrift store to generate funds for the mission. Fill out the online pick-up request form to schedule a day and time for them to come to your home or office, or take your unwanted furniture to their mission store.
Northern New Jersey
If you're located in the northern part of New Jersey, there are furniture donation options specific to your region. Options include:
- Vietnam Veterans of America provides pick up service for donated furniture, household goods, and clothing in the northern New Jersey area. The items are sold to various thrift stores to raise money for veteran's services. The national telephone number to schedule a pick up is 1-800-775-8387.
- Interfaith Furnishings provides pickup service in Morris County, New Jersey for small and medium size furniture pieces that you'd like to donate to help support the needs of needy families in the local area. They don't sell the furniture, but rather give it to needy families who are referred via a network of social workers. They charge a $25 pickup fee to help cover the costs associated with picking up donations and delivering them to clients. Fill out their online form or call 973-361-1666 if you are interested in donation.
Statewide Furniture Donation Option
The Salvation Army operates a number of thrift stores through the state of New Jersey. As a result, they offer furniture pick up service in most areas of the state. Visit the Schedule a Pickup page on their website and enter your zip code to find out if pickup of donated furniture items is available in your area.
Plenty of Furniture Donation Options
When you find yourself with unwanted furniture, call one of the many places to donate furniture in New Jersey instead of throwing it in the trash. The very pieces you no longer want may be exactly what someone else needs.