If you need to secure donations from vendors for an upcoming fundraising event, it is a good idea to make initial contact via a well-written and persuasive donation request letter. Feel free to use the sample letters provided here for inspiration when you are ready to start writing.
Sample Donation Request Letters
Using these donation request templates is easy. Just click the image of each letter to open an editable PDF that you can save and print. See this helpful guide to printables if you need help with the documents.
Donation Thank You Letter
Of course, it is always important to thank those who support your organization. Use the template below if you need a bit of help to figure out what to say in a thank you letter to the vendors who made donations.
Tips and Helpful Hints
When drafting a fundraising letter, keep a few tips in mind for best results:
- Address the letter to a specific person, if known. Often vendors receive many donation letters so by personalizing it will help in securing a donation.
- If a person within your organization has a specific vendor contact, get them to sign the letter or include their name within the letter.
- Be sure to include information on where to send the donation or if arrangements can be made to pick the donation up at their location.
- Include the date of the event, location and any other specific details about the event in the letter.
- Follow up with a personal telephone call if you do not hear back from the vendor in a timely manner.
Set the Stage for Success
A well-written donation request letter can help set the stage for success. Following up with a letter of appreciation can ensure that donors will be willing to continue to offer support in the future. You should also consider providing each donor with a charitable donation receipt to help make their record-keeping regarding gifts made to your organization as simple as possible.