When you donate a wedding dress that you no longer want to keep, you can make a difference in someone's life. If you would like to make a wedding dress donation, there are plenty of organizations that will accept them and pass them along in meaningful ways.
How to Donate a Wedding Dress
If you are planning on donating your wedding dress, be sure to check if the organization is currently accepting donations. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, some charities are not accepting wedding dresses until further notice, or have implemented certain guidelines when it comes to donating. Keep in mind that many organizations will also require that any dress and/or wedding accessory be professionally cleaned prior to donating.
Donate Wedding Dresses for Babies
Some organizations use donated wedding dresses to make gowns for infants who have passed away. Providing special gowns for infants who have passed away can be especially meaningful for the parents who have experienced this type of loss.
- The Angel Gown Program is part of the NICU Helping Hands 501c3 organization. This program provides custom made gowns for infants who have passed away.
- Newborns in Need is a nonprofit that provides bereavement gowns to premature up to full-term infants who have passed away.
- Rachel's Gift is a nonprofit organization that makes custom infant burial gowns.
Where Can I Donate My Wedding Dress for the Military?
Brides Across America gifts wedding gowns that are at most five years old to military brides. They may also accept unique or vintage gowns that are still in style. To donate your gown, you will first need to fill out a form describing your gown. If accepted, they will send you donation instructions.
How Do I Donate My Wedding Dress to Oxfam?
To donate your dress to Oxfam, send them an email describing your dress. If accepted as a donation, your dress will not only provide a dress for another bride, but the sale of the dress will be used to assist those living in poverty.
Wish Upon a Wedding Dress Donation
Wish Upon a Wedding Dress helps provide couples who have experienced a serious illness or health circumstance with the wedding or vow renewal of their dreams. Individuals can donate money, while corporations or wedding professionals can donate products and services.
What Do You Do With Used Wedding Gowns?
Other organizations you may consider donating to include:
- Fairytale Brides - This organization accepts wedding dress donations. All proceeds from the sale of the dress go towards Johns Hopkins Suburban Hospital Breast Center, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and Alzheimer's Association.
- Cherie Sustainable Bridal - This company support the Success in Style nonprofit that assists individuals in dressing and prepping for interviews so they have the best chance possible at landing a new job. Wedding dresses can be dropped off in person or mailed in.
- Adorned in Grace - This organization raises money to bring awareness to human trafficking and provides support to survivors. Dresses and accessories less than five years old are accepted as donations. These can be dropped off or mailed in.
Make Your Wedding Dress Donation Count
There are so many amazing organizations that could use a wedding dress donation. Take your time selecting an organization that is meaningful for you.